DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wvf vs wdf for yokagowa scope

Solved!
Go to solution

I have some scope data that I collected recently.  I did not realize it was saving the data in WDF format, rather than the WVF that I'm familiar with.  Diadem cannot seem to open the WDF format. I tried using the WVF plugin, but diadem crashes while looking for a .hdr file. 

Anyone have any information about the WDF waveform format from a yokagowa oscilloscope, and how to open it with Diadem? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,169 Views)

Hello Mr. Spark Plug,

You will need to follow these steps to open the Yokagowa WDF format:

The Yokogawa_WDF DataPlugin supports reading Yokogawa Waveform Data Files (WDF) created by DL 750, DL9000, SL1400 and SL1000 

Note:
This data format contains a dll name in each WDF-file. This special Yokogawa-Dll will be used to load the data.
This installer will not install the Yokogawa-DLL. This SL1000.dll needs to be copied into the DataPlugin installation folder (<Documents and Settings>\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\Shared\USI\Plugins\DataPlugins\Yokogawa_WDF). The needed DLL (SL1000.dll) can be found by google for "Yokogawa wdf.zip".

Please let me know if this works.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,161 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Mr. Spark Plug

Yokogawa's WDF file are not compatible in  different product series

Please use a Binary Data File Converter.

It supports current product series.

https://y-link.yokogawa.com/YL008.po?V_ope_type=Show&Download_id=DL00002358&Language_id=EN

Message 3 of 8
(8,158 Views)

Thanks, that's what I needed.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(8,115 Views)

Hello

I do not see a plugin for Yokogawa WDF files when look at the available yokogawa plugins list.  Where can I find the WDF plugin?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,654 Views)

Hello John,

We are in the process of releasing a WDF DataPlugin. The DataPlugin itself is tested and ready to go, but it relies on a DLL from Yokogawa that needs to be installed in a specific directory.

I have attached the DataPlugin, but not the DLL (since we don not currently have the right to distribute that file) and some instructions on how to make the two work together (this is a note I copied from the installation instructions):

Please note that the WDF data format contains a .dll name in each WDF-file. This special Yokogawa-Dll is used to load the data.
This DataPlugin will not install the Yokogawa-DLL! You have to already have the related DL850.dll registered on your system. You can find it in the files of the reader for the Yokogawa 850. This Yokogawa DLL needs to be copied into the DataPlugin installation folder (<Documents and Settings>\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\Shared\USI\Plugins\DataPlugins\Yokogawa_WDF).

Please add the DLL to the right directory, install the DataPlugin and you should be good to go. A final version of the DataPlugin (hopefully with the DLL attached) will be available on the DataPlugin Website once we have everything ready to go ...

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,649 Views)

You can find the Yokogawa WDF file on our web site for free download:

http://www.ni.com/example/31611/en/

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,771 Views)

I think they found it by now  Smiley Wink  This thread is over 2 years old.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,761 Views)