DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to call labview 8 from diadem 10

I've just installed diadem 10 on a system that  had both labview 7.1 and labview 8 installed.  The button within diadem that calls the labview application was greyed out.  I removed labview 7.1 and reinstalled diadem 10 and still the labview call button was greyed out in diadem.

Is there a place where I can specify which version of labview to call or point to the location of my labview program.

Do I need to remove everything and start over (OH NO!)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,442 Views)

Dave,

We can try a couple of things to find out what is going on here.  First, try entering in the following into a script and running it to see if DIAdem is seeing the path for your installed version of LabVIEW:

msgbox(LabVIEWPath)

If this points to the correct path and the button is still greyed-out, then enter in the following into a script and run it:

IsAvailLabview = true

This should activate the button.  Let me know if this does not work and I'll continue to look into this for you.  Thanks and have a great day.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,428 Views)

Adam,

When running the popup script, I get an empty message box (I'm guessing that this is telling me that the path is not set).  I tried setting the LabVIEWPath variable through a script, but get an error when trying to run it telling me that the variable cannot be modified.

I also noticed that in the Navigator window, listed in the search areas, a LV8 directory is shown so somehow DIAdem knows that LabView is there, just not how to run it.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,401 Views)
Hello Dave,

to be honest, this sounds kind of strange. The variable IsAvailLV is readonly, so it makes sense that you get an error when you try to write to it. I am not really sure how DIAdem sets this variable, but I would guess it is due to the existance of some certain registry keys. Thus, the order in which you installed DIAdem and LabVIEW should not make a difference.
Did you get any errors during your LabVIEW installation?
You might want to try to call LabVIEW with a short VBS. In the DIAdem help you can find this short example. Try to run it without the if - then - statement.
If IsAvailLabVIEW Then
 LVTemplateVI = "About.vit"
 LVTemplatePath = "Templates\"
 Call LaunchLabVIEW()
Else
 Call MsgBoxDisp("LabVIEW is not installed.")
End If
If this does not work as well, please tell me a bit more about what you are trying to do: What kind of VI are you going to call, when. Actually there are other possibilities to call vis from DIAdem, which might suit for your purposes as well.

regards

Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,380 Views)