From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer measurement data from WINCC V.7 SP2 to DIADEM *.tdms

Hello Diadem users,

I'm looking for an efficient solution to transfer my measurement data from WINCC to Diadem.

The current status is, that I have to export the data from WINCC as a *.csv file and then import it into Diadem. This

process is very time consuming because of the large amount of collected data. We usually split the huge amount of data into

several *.csv files, which just leaves more room for errors. 

Both programs run on the same PC. Is there any converter/plugin that directly or automatically creates *.tdms files from the collected data in WINCC?

http://www.ni.com/example/30388/en/    This plugin is just for being able to import *.csv into Diadem, right?

Thanks for your help in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,947 Views)

Hello knowledgeseeker,

Based on my brief research about WinCC file formats, it isn't clear to me what kind of file you wish to convert (I found a number of extensions connected to WinCC, but don't understand enough to determine which contain the data you need).

Basically, in order for NI to create a DataPlugin for a file format, we need some example files along with some documentation about the file format (and, as far as available, any DLLs etc. used to read/write these file types). Once we have that, we can determine the effort it would require to create a DataPlugin that could read your data directly into DIAdem, bypassing the CSV conversion step.

Here is the form required to Request a DataPlugin

Hope this helps,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,929 Views)

Hello Otmar,

I found out that the gathered data is stored in a WINCC internal SQL database. Would it be possible to write a DataPlugin for a SQL database?

Siemens (WINCC) is offering an addon for WINCC called IndustrialDataBridge. I think that would provide an interface to DIAdem?!

The manual to the IDB can be found here: http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCwQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fc...

I need to get the process values that get collected by WINCC into DIAdem. Maybe it's possible to connect the process tags of WINCC directly with DIAdem?

I'm pretty sure that I would need the following configuration:

Capture2.PNG

Please tell me if you need more information to get this problem solved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,881 Views)

Hello knowledgeseeker,

A DataPlugin is usually not the best choice to house SQL queries, since by nature SQL queries tend to have variable query conditions  each time.  DIAdem is happy to run SQL queries, though, and return the records as new data channels in the Data Portal.  For that we'd need to know the ADO connection string and the names of the SQL table(s) and column(s) you want to query.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,842 Views)

Hello Brad,

so you would need the following information:

1. ADO connection string

2. SQL tables & columns

After selecting "ADO Connection String" I have to choose an OLE DB Provider

from the list. I'm not sure which Provider to choose. It must be either "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server"

or "WinCC OLEDB Provider for Archives", right?

How do I look up the SQL tables & columns? The WinCC internal SQL database will be setup automatically, but I

should be able to look the tables and columns with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, right?

ADO.PNG

Provider.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,813 Views)

Hi knowledgeseeker,

If you can get someone there to tell you the ADO string, we can probably figure out the rest of it with DIAdem and VBScript.  I can certainly help you identify the table and column structure-- the only question is if we can find where and how your data is stored in that structure.  Here's a couple of examples of what ADO connection strings look like:

DRIVER=SQLite3 ODBC Driver;Database=D:\NICS\AES\NI database\databasename.db;LongNames=0;Timeout=1000;NoTXN=0;SyncPragma=NORMAL;StepAPI=0;")

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=wwUser;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=wwUser;Initial Catalog=Runtime;Data Source=155.125.154.32

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,778 Views)