DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time of day in the x axis

I'm an old hand at LabVIEW ( LV2.0, 1989, thanks, Liz!).

I first saw DIAdem at NI Week 2010, and convinced my client that it was worth looking into.  Now we're finally here, and right out of the box, it seems impossibly obtuse, and worse, presents incorrect graphs, because it chooses to ignore parts of the data.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,221 Views)

By default DIAdem plots waveforms vs. the waveform offset and waveform delta x properties and ignores the waveform start time property.

... because....... somebody thought to themselves "let's ignore what the data actually says to do and make a guess" ?

I guess I don't understand that.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,221 Views)

Hi Steve,

There are two main use cases here:

1)  Comparing multiple tests of the same type stacked vertically, with the RELATIVE elapsed time on the X axis.

2)  Comparing multiple tests of the same type added horizontally, with the ABSOLUTE datetime on the X axis.

By default DIAdem gives you 1) when you drag multiple waveforms onto a graph.  This actually makes the majority of our customers happy.  In order to get the correct display for the use case 2), you have to first create a DateTime channel from the waveform channels, using the built-in ANALYSIS dialog, and then plot XYYYY instead of YYYYY on the graph.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,190 Views)

HiPetr,

>>One more issue: long term measurement (weeks or months) is for safety reasons divided into many files. DIAdem cannot display data from such line of files without having them merged. When files are merged into one huge >>file (GBytes of data), you can imagine how "fast" DIAdem or any other application can approach full data. To solve this issue could be very helpfull.

I just select multiple TDMS files in the Navigator, right click and select Append Data.

Does this not work for you? 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,098 Views)