From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time of day in the x axis

hi,

i want to display on the x axis time of day (dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss)

here you have a sample of my value:

table

and how i want to see the graph:

1.jpg

how i can to create this graph in the view tab?

thx 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(7,441 Views)

Something more,

my time not start at 00/00/00 00:00:00.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(7,439 Views)

I'm sorry stanger,

There's no way in DIAdem 2012 to configure the format of a Date/Time X axis in the VIEW panel.  You can format the X-axis all you want in REPORT, but in VIEW you're stuck with the auto-formatting of a Date/Time X axis.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(7,420 Views)

also with scripts?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(7,409 Views)

Hi Stanger,

As Brad noted above, the X axis may be customized in a REPORT but not in VIEW.  VIEW is mainly for quick verification of your data set, whereas REPORT allows you to create custom reports for the presentation of your data.  

Please let me know if you would like any further clarification.

Warm Regards,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(7,385 Views)

Hello,

our customers use VIEW to analyse data, find extremas. They are very disapointed they do not see x-axis in time format. Imagine the situation they do one week measurement and when they see in VIEW somewhere in the graph extrema they are looking for, they do not see the time and date! They have to prepare report to see time formated x-axis, but they do not need report at this moment.

Is there any chance to have this in DIAdem 2014?

Thank you in advance for any hint making VIEW useful.

Petr

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,986 Views)

Hi Petr,

There is no chance of adding this feature in DIAdem 2014, which is already in Beta.  Have you suggested opening the "Coordinates" dialog in VIEW to display the datetime of the VIEW cursors?  The VIEW legend can do the same thing, and we could also create a textbox area that displays either static or cursor-tracking datetime information.

This occasionally bugs me too,

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(6,968 Views)

Stumbled onto this thread while searching for my LabVIEW problem (which turns out to be DiaDem's problem).

Basically, Diadem is lying to me about the data.

The LabVIEW built-in TDMS viewer shows me this, which is correct:

Pic 1.PNG

But Diadem shows me this:

Pic2.PNG

This signals are NOT coincident; to show me otherwise is INCORRECT !

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,885 Views)

Hi Steve,

By default DIAdem plots waveforms vs. the waveform offset and waveform delta x properties and ignores the waveform start time property.  If you want to plot vs. the full datetime values on the X axis, you first need to create a new datetime channel from the waveform properties by using the "Numeric Channels <==> Waveform Channels" function in the (second from the top) ANALYSIS "Channel Functions" palette.  Make sure to check the "Waveform channels to numeric channels" radio button and the "Absolute time reference" radio button.  Once you have the new datetime channel, you can select it and the desired waveform channel to plot as an XY pair in the Data Portal and drag them both together onto a graph to make the display you're after.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,866 Views)

Seems to me DIAdem is hardly to be used as the data postprocessing SW for the end customer. Imagine the situation: we deliver the complete datalogging system (NI HW+ developed LabVIEW DAQ application storing data to TDMS+ DIAdem as the off-line postprocessing). Simply we want to save time and sell NI DIAdem instead of self-made postprocessing SW. Even the customer is keen to use "full of features, but not really easy to use" SW as DIAdem is, after showing him how many operations he has to do to see X-axis in Date-Time format (very basic requirement), he will not agree to use DIAdem. I understand.

One comment to TDMS streaming + TDMS API + TDMS viewer + DIAdem:

It seems to me there are some inconsistencies after so many years since TDMS was introduced for first time by NI:

-as Steve Bird (and many others) reported: no chance to directly display X-axis in Date-Time format in DIAdem, while in TDMS viewer this is the native feature (one click solution).

-To save time stamps with each sample to achieve correct X-axis in DIAdem (one click solution) make not to much sense because of dramatically increased data volume and no chance to do this in TDMS streaming. But in TDSM API you can do this if you do not care about data volume...

-TDMS streaming for AI from DAQ board or data storing by using TDMS API can be realized with exactly the same result (by means of displayed results in DIAdem or TDMS viewer. Data is stored as I16 raw data plus constant and offset for each cahnnel - very effective.

BUT there is no way to do the same for binary DI TDMS streaming. When DI TDMS streaming is used, then one bit from DAQ board is one bit in data file which is GREAT! But when you need to implement the same by TDMS API, there is 1bit from DAQ board stored as 1Byte!!! 8x more data.

I have the application where I need to use TDMS streaming for AI plus another TDMS straming for DI and on the top of this I need to store processed AI and DI data from the same DAQ loop to separate TDMS files, but I need to have the same format for DI data from TDMS streaming and for DI from TDMS API. After many effort, no chance to achieve this.

One more issue: long term measurement (weeks or months) is for safety reasons divided into many files. DIAdem cannot display data from such line of files without having them merged. When files are merged into one huge file (GBytes of data), you can imagine how "fast" DIAdem or any other application can approach full data. To solve this issue could be very helpfull.

To wrap out my impression (Im using LabVIEW for more than 16 years for commercial projects mostly in Power Quality area): There is great idea on the beginning, lot of work done, but some inconsistencies making many troubles for developers who want to move from binary files to TDMS to sell DIAdem as the off-line tool for end customers. That is pitty, because TDMS has been introduced long time ago.

Any suggestions will help.

Kind regards

Petr

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,852 Views)