From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selective graph scaling

Hello,

I have an automatic report composed of many sheets containing 3D graphs. The point is that the Y scale has to be changed for each graph everytime I use another dataset. In addition, the channel which inputs the Y scale is not the same for every graph. Ideally, I would like to create a useform in which the user can specify the begin and end value for the Y axis (and off course the corresponding channel related to the Y axis).

To do so, I was thinking about using a parameter instead of a numeric value for the begin and end of each graph, but it's apparently not so obvious as the type expected by DIAdem is numeric. Do you have any solution to do that or is it necessary to write a script?

If a script is needed, I think I need to loop over each object (3d graph in my case), then to check the y axis and rescale if the channel name fits with the one the user specifies.

Do you have any idea of the syntax I could use?

Thank you very much for you support.

Jérémy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,760 Views)

Hi Jeremy,

First of all, I will give you a tips if you are not already aware about it. Go to www.ni.com and then you have a research toolbar on up right side. With some key word like Diadem scale and so on, you will be able to find some documentation/tutorials/example. You really should try it.

In addition, you can find below some link that might be interesting, I am sorry that I am not a Diadem expert and when I read your topic, I am not sure to get/understand everything with your issue :

How Can I Change the Axis Scaling?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6D8DD5D847F103A18625692300716971?OpenDocument

How Can I Set the Scaling of a Graph's X-Axis Manually in DIAdem?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0FA2AA8FC72E9C0B86256C63005EE357?OpenDocument

If these links are not helpful and if you did not find any answer with the research toolbar on our web site, don't hesitate to come back.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,727 Views)