cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report 2D-Axis label syntax

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Community,

Does anyone know the syntax off the top of their head to reference a curve channel in Report 2D-Axis label?  I'm trying to label the X-axis with the Waveform x-unit using:

@@Data.GetChannel("[18]/WindupFFT_tag_5.00").Properties("wf_xunit_string").Value@@

But instead of "[18]/WindupFFT_tag_5.00" , I would like to use a generic channel reference to the curve channel.  Can't seem to make this work using the same syntax that works in a script...

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,651 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris_P_SD

Hey,

What exactly do you mean with "generic channel reference"?

Where and how do you want to define the channel that is used?

You can create a new axis system, add any waveform channel to the axis system, double click the x-axis label and you will get this "generic" reference:

@@ChnName(CurrChnNo)@@ [@@ChnDim(CurrChnNo)@@]

If you drag and drop the waveform unit property to a script you can get its VBS code equivalent that can be copied to the x-axis label like you already explained it. This will also work but will be fixed to a specific channel whereas my previous example with CurrChnNo will use a channel that matches the axis position.

Christian
CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,643 Views)

HI Christian,

Thanks for your response.  What I didn't realize was that when graphing a waveform channel, using the label 

@@ChnDim(CurrChnNo)@@

for the Y-axis gabs the "Unit" property of the curve channel, whereas applying 

@@ChnDim(CurrChnNo)@@

to the X-axis label grabs the Waveform x-unit.  I thought this syntax was referring to the same curve and thus would return the same value in both instances, but that is not true.

Is there some way to generate a MsgBox or debug output when applying @@<code>@@ in a report so that you can see what the code actually references?  The way I had to figure this out was to assign @@ChnDim(CurrChnNo)@@ to both axis labels and then look at the list of properties for the curve channel to see what property it was actually referring to...

Thanks for your help.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,617 Views)