DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"index status" as a search parameter in navigator

Hi,

Out of approximately 300 000 files we have, there are about 6000 files that can not be indexed. I want to move the files to another location and then copy them again to search area folders in order to force datafinder to index them. However i have difficulties to find non-indexed files, since there are lots of folders and files.
As for the first idea, i thought i could search files using the property "index status" but this property doesnt exist in search properties. Is there a way to search for non-indexed files?

thanks in advance

Kaan 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,143 Views)

Hello Kaan,

you have many files and you want to find them in DIAdem. Which version do you have? Are the files in search paths? Because it´s only possible to find files which are in search paths.

Rebecca Fox
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,115 Views)

Hi Rebecca,

All the files are in search paths. I am trying to find the files which couldnt be indexed by DataFinder. I have DIAdem 10.0

As i mentioned before i wanted to search file through "index status" and find files with the property "eIndexedFailure" or "eIndexedTimeout"

but it is not possible.

cheers

Kaan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,102 Views)

Hello again,

DIAdem can only find Files which are indexed. Perhaps you can make a file where you write all files in it, and make a new one after indexing and compare them??

Rebecca Fox
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,087 Views)

Hi Kaan,

I remember answering this post yesterday, but today I don't see my answer.  I must be getting senile.  Oh well.  The DataFinder can only see files in the declared Search Areas which also have a file extension that is on the "to-index" list.  At that point the DataFinder will attempt to index that file.  The File properties that store the indexing result are "File.ErrorLog", which contains any error message as a string, and "File.IndexStatus", which stores the indexing state as an enumeration integer:

eIndexedNotYet
eIndexedFailure
eIndexedSuccess
eIndexedTimeout]

Now, as I thought I explained yesterday (but can't find today), DIAdem 10.0 will not be able to search on this property, basically due to bugs in the interface between DIAdem and the DataFinder (though it's actually more complicated than that).  The good news is that DIAdem 10.1 can search on these properties, both interactively and programmatically.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,077 Views)
Hi Brad,

Thanks for the answer. Now i have DIAdem 10.1 beta3 and i see that it is still not possible to search through the property  "index status"
is there something wrong?

thanks in advance

Kaan
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,021 Views)

Hi Kaan,

You should be able to search on it (I can), but it is a bit tricky.  First of all, the "indexStatus" property does not show up in the drop-list of File properties, you have to know it exists and type it in yourself.  Second, this is an integer property which expects enumeration strings, so any condition of the type File.IndexStatus=* will fail.  Only the enumeration values I listed above will work in comparisons.

I have to admit, though, that I'm not sure when this was implemented.  I know it works in the released DIAdem 10.1 (which I'm using now), and I know it doesn't work in DIAdem 10.1.0b2794 (which I also happen to have handy), but I'm not sure if it works in Beta2 or Beta3.

I have seen the promised land, though...
Brad Turpin
DIAdem ProductSupport Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,002 Views)

It should be available in 10.1 in beta 3 and it needs to be typed "indexStatus" without the space just as Brad said.

If you are using DIAdem 10.1, re-indexing is easier than with 10.0.  Once you've found the files you want to reindex, call Browser.ReindexElement (accepts an Element as it is returned by a search for files.)  Here's an example of reindexing the focused element in the browser:

Call Navigator.Display.CurrDataProvider.Browser.ReindexElement(Navigator.Display.CurrDataProvider.Browser.FocusedElement)

Hope that helps,

Myrle

For tips and tricks on creating VBScript DataPlugins go to http://dataplugins.blogspot.com.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,894 Views)