From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No valid source or target channels specified. Cannot execute." error when attempting to convert from waveform to numeric channel

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to convert a waveform channel into a numerical channel and an absolute time channel, but I get the "No valid source or target channels specified. Cannot execute." error. 

I'm attempting to concatenate multiple InsightCM TDMS files so I can view the data as one continuous stream over time. If I convert the same channel from the first file loaded (any of the channels in the "Waveforms" group), it works fine, but when I try doing the same thing with any of the channels from the second file (any of the channels in the "Waveforms1" group) I receive the error.

2016-03-29 13_55_53-Clipboard.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,939 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JEBalles

Hi JEBalles,

I was able to reproduce that behavior when I selected a Numeric Channel as my Channels to be converted. In this case, it looks like you're running the operation on the Speed Profile>>Mod1-Ch0 A NL, which is a Numeric Channel.

Could you try selecting a another waveform Channel? It looks like [3] Mod1-Ch0 A NL is a Waveform channel.

Regards,

Nadine H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,909 Views)

Ah yes, you are correct - I was choosing a numeric channel. I was interpreting the [2] as the file, not the channel group. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,885 Views)