DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No valid source or target channels specified. Cannot execute." error when attempting to convert from waveform to numeric channel

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to convert a waveform channel into a numerical channel and an absolute time channel, but I get the "No valid source or target channels specified. Cannot execute." error. 

I'm attempting to concatenate multiple InsightCM TDMS files so I can view the data as one continuous stream over time. If I convert the same channel from the first file loaded (any of the channels in the "Waveforms" group), it works fine, but when I try doing the same thing with any of the channels from the second file (any of the channels in the "Waveforms1" group) I receive the error.

2016-03-29 13_55_53-Clipboard.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,921 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JEBalles

Hi JEBalles,

I was able to reproduce that behavior when I selected a Numeric Channel as my Channels to be converted. In this case, it looks like you're running the operation on the Speed Profile>>Mod1-Ch0 A NL, which is a Numeric Channel.

Could you try selecting a another waveform Channel? It looks like [3] Mod1-Ch0 A NL is a Waveform channel.

Regards,

Nadine H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,891 Views)

Ah yes, you are correct - I was choosing a numeric channel. I was interpreting the [2] as the file, not the channel group. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,867 Views)