From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Access Violation" error messages in Diadem 9.1

We have recently purchased Diadem V.9.1 and are encountering numerous "Access violation" errors as well as Runtime errors.The most frustrating aspect of trying to run this software are the constant crashes we are experiencing.

It is taking us 3X as long to process one subject as it should.  I posted a request to NI technical help but I think it is the Thanksgiving holiday in the US.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,947 Views)
Hello Dancer,

Please contact me to find out what happens with your DIAdem. My email is walter.rick@ni.com
I need some additional information:
Operating System:
service pack of the OS:
PC processor:
PC RAM:
Virus scanner:
DIAdem revision (Menu >> Help >> About)
Did you install the Base, Advanced or the Professional edition?
Did you install on this PC a DIAdem version before and which one?

Kind regards
Walter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,938 Views)
Actually, DIAdem 9.1 is a very stable version. If you are continuously experiencing crashes this might be due to some problems with your computer hardware or configuration.
Is your PC matching the recommended system requirements as found in the helpfile? What OS are you using, did you install the most recent servicepacks?
Do you have similar problems with other software on this computer as well?  Unexpected system crashes often occure because of corrupt RAM chips. DIAdem is using a lot of memory - so maybe you are accessing regions that other programs dont use and  - for that reason - see the crashes only in DIAdem.
You are writing that the processing takes 3 times longer than expected. How do you compare? Have you been using elder versions of DIAdem which were faster, or are you comparing with the processing speed of another computer?

• There are some things I would do to try to improve the performance.
  • Check that you have at least 256MB RAM
  • Check that you are using Windows 2000 with servicepack 4 or XP with servicepack 1 at least
  • Reinstall DIAdem, use the version 9.1 SP2 instead of the installer you have been using. You can download this installer here. Add servicepack 2b afterwards. The latter is a selfextracting zipfile which has to be unpacked in the DIAdem directory while the first is a complete DIAdem installer.
  • Replace the RAM modules of your PC.

You are welcome to post again if you dont get any further. In this case please give some more information about the system such as CPU, OS,.. and the crashes. When do they occure? Is it a specific function or module you are using when DIAdem crashes. What does the error messages tell you about the module in which the exeptions occure?

Regards
Ingo Schumacher
Systems Engineering Manager CEERNational Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,935 Views)