From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvm file has no values when opening with shipped lvm plugin in Diadem 10.2

When I open my lvm files created with my "write to measurement file" express VI (LabView 8.2.1) using the lvm plugin included with Diadem 10.2 there are no values under each channel name - just zeros.  I tried indexing these files in my search area and Diadem recognizes them as lvm files but if I drag and drop them into the data portal then there is still "NOVALUES" under each channel.  Why?  I also tried changing the plugin to the type that creates a time column but still no change. 
If I create my own plugin using the wizard, then I can see and plot the values.  (I tried to attach is a short example of my lvm file but the board said I wasn't attaching a file with a valid extension????)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,029 Views)
I think I just figured out why this is happening and maybe it has now turned into a LabView question.  I am disabling the "measurement write to file" express VI, changing the file name, and then re-enabling it while the VI is running.  When I do this, I noticed that the samples row in my file header has all zeros.  If I open the file in excel and type a one (1) in each column in the samples row and then re-open the file in diadem everything works. 
I would really like to be able to change the file name in my VI on the run like I have been doing and still use the original Diadem plugin to open the files later.  Anyone have any ideas how to get around this?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,026 Views)
I know this is not a great solution, but if you take a look at this KB it lets you edit your lvm file.  Then you can edit it without opening excel and it should open in diadem. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,999 Views)