DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loading multiple files and export channel to excel

Hi all!
I'm really new to Diadem. I'm working on a project, where I have to analyze more than 100 tdm files with 200+ channels each.
My task is to find a specific channel in the tdm files, and export its values to an excel file.

I cannot load tdm files all at once, so I'm lookinhg for a script, that can automate this process.

(Load file, find channel, export values; one by one)

Any help would be appriciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,612 Views)

Hi Godsgift,

I recommend that you index those 100 TDM files with the DataFinder, then execute a DataFinder query to find the channel of interest.  Then you can export that channel of values with the CSV DataPlugin, or you can export it as a TDM or TDMS file and load it into Excel with the TDM Excel Add-in that ships with DIAdem and is available for free download.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,602 Views)

Thank you Brad.

This might work, but I'm looking for a script to solve this task.

Could you provide a code that can work like your mentioned method? 

Starting like this, that loads the files one by one:

file_ex = true
m_file = 1
Do While (file_ex = true)
m =str(m_file,"DDD")
m = Replace(m," ", "0")
T1 =  " filepath " + m +".tdm"
m_file = m_file + 1
file_ex = FilEx (T1)
Call DataFileload(T1)
Loop

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,585 Views)

Hi Godsgift,

I can't provide you with code when your requested behavior is so vague.  All you've said is, "My task is to find a specific channel in the tdm files".  How?  Based on what?  Is it a particular channel name, or a particular value of the channel maximum, or a channel with a particular unit?

Can you query the 100 files in the Data Finder yet?  That's the first step to solving this efficiently.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,563 Views)