cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load ddd-File with vbs-script

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have read some older posts to load a .ddd-File, but it did not works. I work with the Version 2014 of Diadem.

In my case I start a script by starting diadem to open a sud-Dialog. Furthermore I want to load the Diadem-Settings which I have save before in a desktop-File.

How can I load the desktop-File?

Many thanks,

Thomas 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,477 Views)

Hi Thomas,

why do you want to change the settings while running a script?

I suggest using one ddd file with this settings.

Kind Regards,

Philipp

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,453 Views)

Hello Philipp,

Propably there are some misunderstandings.

I do not want to change the settings while running a script! I want to load a setting ddd-file in a script which I have save before. The intention would be to have some ddd-Files with different settings of Diadem to start different SUD-Dialogs. In that way I want to automate different SUD-Dialogs by using a script.

Can you help me with that?

Thank you in advance,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,451 Views)

Hi Thomas,

I don't think this is possible. But you can use a Dialog to select a start dialog.

When you store every dialog in a special folder you can search for different dialogs in this folder and use these names for selection menu.

is this a possibility?

Kind Regards,

Philipp

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,448 Views)

Hello Philipp,

thank you, thats a good idea. Is it possibly to use that option not manual via input?

The strange thing is that you can start Diadem with the start of a saved ddd-File manually in the desktop-folder of the user. In my case I want to start the ddd-file automatically with a planned task in the windows explorer. And in that way it does not work, it starts only Diadem without starting the SUD-File. Could it be that the datafinder is wrong?

Thanks,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,445 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThomasBergk

Hi Thomas,

you can start DIAdem with parameter. This parameter can specify a special desktop file.

It is also possible to specify a start script in the options.

Kind Regards,

Philipp

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,442 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThomasBergk

Hi All,

The only way to load a DDD file is during the DIAdem launch cycle.  If you manually select to load a DDD from the menus, DIAdem will shut down and restart itself with the new DDD file.

Your only option is to launch DIAdem with the DDD you want.  Most people choose the DOS or Windows shortcut start parameter or accomplish those changes in a different way other than a DDD file.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,435 Views)

Hello,

thank you for the help.

Because of that I have found a solution by saving different desktop-Files in the Desktop-Folder of Diadem. With the help of that I can Start Diadem with different start parameters, for example with "/DDesktopV02.ddd". Furthermore I start different Scripts which are saved in different desktop-Files and call different SUD-File.

best regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,419 Views)