From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install diadem for multiple users

I am running diadem (10 base edition) under the control of labview using the connectivity vis.

I installed diadem with full admin rights.

Everything works ok when logged on to the pc as myself but when logged on as another user I get the following message when diadem attempts to start.

"Diadem configuration-Drive "C:\Documents and settings\local settings\Nick Holmes\local settings\application data\National instruments\diadem\10.0\" not found!

How do I install diadem so that the configuration drive is in the "All users" part of documents and settings.

Any help appreciated

Nick
Message 1 of 6
(3,910 Views)
Hy Nick,

unfortunately DIAdem saves his settings to a path of the user account.

Simply save the DIAdem desktop file to a path in the all users part and create a desktop shortcut with parameters like
Target: "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\DIAdem\10.0\.Diadem.exe" "/Dc:\documents and settings\......\desktop.ddd"

Perhaps you have to copy the file "desktop.par" from the diadem program path to your all users - path beside the desktop file, because DIAdem 10.0 has a bug there an do this in some cases not automatically.

If you want to use DIAdem with an other account without admin rights, you maybe have to insert a registry DWORD value called "RegWriteAccessAllow".
Read more about in the DIAdem help "DIAdem >> Installation >> Administrator Notes".

Regards Sven

----

Hallo Nick,

leider speichert DIAdem 10 seine Einstellungen in ein Verzeichnis von deinem User-Account.

Speichere einfach die DIAdem-Desktop-Datei in ein Verzeichnis unter All Users und lege eine Desktop-Verknüpfung mit Parametern an.
Ziel: "C:\Programme\National Instruments\DIAdem\10.0\Diadem.exe" "/DC:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\....\desktop.ddd"

Eventuell ist es notwendig die Datei "desktop.par" aus dem DIAdem-Programmverzeichnis in dein All Users - Verzeichnis neben die Desktopdatei zu kopieren, da DIAdem 10.0 das manchmal nicht automatisch macht.

Wenn du DIAdem mit einem anderen Benutzerkonto ohne Adminrechte verwenden möchtest, musst du eventuell zusätzlich in die Registry einen DWORD-Wert "RegWriteAccesAllow" einfügen. Lese mehr darüber in der DIAdem-Hilfe unter "DIAdem >> Installation >> Hinweise für Administratoren".

Grüße Sven 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,887 Views)

Hi sven

Thanks for replying, I've tried what you suggested but with no success. I'm not sure if this is a problem with labview, diadem or both.

Nick

Message 3 of 6
(3,861 Views)

Hi Nick,

if you save the files with your account with admin rights, maybe you have to set rights to them for the other users... 

(right click in the windows explorer, properties, security or so (sorry, I don`t have an english windows version...))

Regards Sven...  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,840 Views)
Hi

I've found that by copying the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Nick Holmes\Local Settings\Application Data\National Instruments\DIAdem\10.0

which contains the desktop file , config.ini and various other files to a location accessable to all (e.g the documents and settings all users) and then locating the following registry entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{285E4FB2-F633-11D1-85DC-008048D9A408}\StartParameter]]

and setting the   'DesktopPath' entry  to the new location - it now works.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,787 Views)
Hello Nick!

Be aware that every start of DIAdem with administrator rights will change this registry settings to the latest value. I have the experience that after a while you forget this and a short DIAdem test from a user with adminstrator rights will result in an error for the next 'normal' user.

Matthias
Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
Message 6 of 6
(3,782 Views)