DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign the x-axis to time automaticly In the report layout?

I use the Diadem Report Express VI to create report, because I want to view the both Current and Voltage waveform in the report, I use 2 XY Graphs layout. Now the questions comes: the first current waveform can show correctly assign time to x-axis, but the second Voltage waveform can display correctly because Diadem assign the first current channel to x-axis automaticly.Even I change the setting in the layout or cofigure the signal x scale to to/dt in the Express VI dialog box, it is invalid.Diadem report always assign the first channel to the x-axis?How can I do?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,665 Views)

Hi moonstar,

It is difficult to understand exactly your situation from the description below.  I think the best course of action would be for you to send over your LabVIEW code so that we can run it and see exactly what you mean.  At that point we should hopefully be able to help you.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,661 Views)
ok, I have attached I example code.The questions is how can I use Time as X-axis in the signals2--Voltage Curve, just as the signals 1--Current Curve. In the example code, Diadem report layout assign the signals 1  to x-axis in the signals 2.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,649 Views)

Hi moonstar,

I believe the following support posting will be what you need to get this working on your computer:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5833259cc6237c998625710f0066eb9c

It works correctly on my computer, and I have already applied this patch to the DIAdem Report express vi.  Note that on my US operating system I also had to manually change the name of the file listed in the TDM file to "data.tdx".  My guess is that you manually changed the name of both the TDM and TDX files from their original multibyte names to the straight ASCII "data.tdm" and "data.tdx" names you sent me.  But you did not change the reference to the TDX file inside the TDM file.  I had to do that before I could load the TDM file at all.

Brad Turpin
National Instuments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,637 Views)
well, now the problem has resolved.Thanks.By the way, I really rename the data file that I send you because I think it can work correctly also. I don't know I must change the reference to the TDX file inside the TDM file, but How to changeSmiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,617 Views)

Hi moonstar,

The simplest way to automatically change all the reference names is to load your Asian-character data set into DIAdem, then select "File>>Save as" and save it to a new file name that has only single byte characters in the new file name.  DIAdem will automatically change all the file name references in the TDX file.  I didn't have that option, so I opened up the TDX file with a text editor and changed the file name manually.  There are 1 or more binary block declarations near the top of the TDX file-- these are the only spots where the file name appears.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,601 Views)