DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grouped data being split into single groups.

I’m using DIAdem 10.0 and LabView 8.2. Trying to simulate a multi channel DAQ system, saving data as tdms. When using DIAdem Data Portal to load tdms data, the data come is as 1 Group (multi channels in one group) but when I use LabView and DIAdem to open / read / create report the data is loaded into DIAdem as multiple groups. One can use the LabView examples to reproduce this issue. Can someone help with some code that will open / read / create reports that keeps multi channel data as a single group? This will make it much easier to create a tdr template for multi page reports.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,399 Views)

I have attached images of the DIAdem Data Portal. One image is data loaded using DIAdem_Report Express VI, the other image the same data was manually loaded into the DIAdem Data Portal. Any Help?

thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,390 Views)
Hey Zilla,

The issue you are mentioning is expected behavior for the Express Report VI.  This VI was created primarily for customers that wanted to create a report on the fly when streaming data. It does not work as well when using multi page report templates.  I would recommend downloading and installing the DIAdem connectivity VIs which I have linked below.  When you install these VIs, there will be a DIAdem palette that shows up under the connectivity palette within LabVIEW.  In this palette is an express VI that I think will work better for you.  The DIAdem connectivity VIs in general are very powerful and allow many options.  You can run scripts within DIAdem from LabVIEW, export to PDF, and do several other things.  I have posted an example below that should provide similar functionality to the Report VI, but it will work as you would expect with multi page reports. You will have to install the DIAdem connectivity VIs before running this example.  Hope this helps!

DIAdem Connectivity VIs
Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,370 Views)
Thanks for your reply
<This VI was created primarily for customers that wanted to create a report on the fly when streaming data.>
It is my understanding that the streaming data type is .tdms. When I point the Report Wizard to tdms data the data is converted to tdm and split into seperate groups, making id difficult to create TDRs for.

<I would recommend downloading and installing the DIAdem connectivity VIs>
I have this took kit installed, but have not had any luck creating reports using  tdms data. I can manually port the tdms data and it stays as tdms. I would like to see and example where tdms data is loaded via LabView to DIAdem and stays as tdms.

Thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,361 Views)
Hey Zilla,

I modified the example below to read in tdms data.  The only thing I changed is that the data file that is being loaded is a tdms file, and I modified the report within DIAdem to load the correct channels.  Other than that it is exactly the same as the previous one that I posted.  I also attached the VI that I used to create the tdms data file. 

I understand your complaint about the Express VI.  This express VI is meant to allow you to modify what data is being loaded into the report.  It will actually change what channels are being loaded in your tdr.  If you are going to the trouble of creating a multi page report within DIAdem, I would really recommend to look at the express VI from the DIAdem connectivity toolkit.  Hope this helps!  Let me know if I have misunderstood any of your questions.
Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,330 Views)