DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export tdv file or channel to excel

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can give me a hand with this. I have some plots in an .TDV file that I would like to export to Excel and I have no idea about how to do it. What I want is to have in Excel the image of the plot. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Leo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,566 Views)

Leo

Looks like you can export a report object to a jpeg file.  From there you should be able to paste that into Excel.  It should also be possible to autotransfer this jpeg into a Excel workbook from DIAdem. 

The commands below  will do  a export to jpeg from a DIAdem report.

Report.Settings.ImageExport.JPG.BitsPerPixel = 0

Report.Settings.ImageExport.JPG.Quality = 75

Report.Settings.ImageExport.JPG.Progressive = 0

Report.Settings.ImageExport.JPG.UseRatio = True

Report.Settings.ImageExport.JPG.Height = 768

CallReport.ActiveSheet.ExportToImage("C:\jpegout.JPG",eImageExportTypeJPG)

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(7,540 Views)

Leo

My previous post was rather brief,  Although it is possible to transfer the report to a jpg.   This output was for the whole report not just a report object, like what I thinking you are wanting. 

Also in reading your request, I am assuming that the end goal is to have a report in Excel.  Looks like this is possible, but also would require more time than I have to get you started.  (You would need background in Excel VBA as well as DIAdem vbs)  I will let the Ni experts take it from here.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(7,535 Views)

Hi Leo,

Before I can dig deeper in to your issue could you please tell me what software environment did you create the tdv file in? Is it from Diadem or LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(7,424 Views)

Hi,

I am using Daidem 2012.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Leo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(7,420 Views)

Hi Leillo,

As far as I know, your only option in DIAdem 2012 is to create a picture file of the entire REPORT sheet and send that to Excel.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(7,115 Views)

Thanks Brad

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(7,095 Views)

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to create a global image (format .PNG or JPEG) of a report with several sheets?

Is there a simple mean to export an entire Diadem report in an Excel sheet?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Xavier

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,229 Views)

Hi Xavier,

You need to create an image file for each REPORT sheet.  You can do so interactively with the "Save Selected Object or Layout as a Graphic" icon at the top of your REPORT panel, or you can programmatically export each sheet with the following commands:

Report.Settings.ImageExport.PNG.BitsPerPixel = 0
Report.Settings.ImageExport.PNG.UseRatio = True
Report.Settings.ImageExport.PNG.Height = 768
FOR Each Sheet In Report.Sheets
Call Sheet.ExportToImage(ImageFilePathStem & " - " & Sheet.Name & ".PNG", eImageExportTypePNG)
NEXT ' Sheet

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,206 Views)

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your reply. My request is a little more specific.

I have a TDR with several sheets. Can I do only one png file for the entire report and not one png per sheet?

The goal is after to insert the png file inside an Excel sheet so I'd prefer one png for all report and not one png for each sheet.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Xavier

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,193 Views)