DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export high resolution images

HI,

I need to export plots from the report section of DIAdem for publication in a journal paper.  The publisher requires .tif or .eps files with a minimum resolution of 600 dpi.  Is there anyway I can output images that meet this requirement from DIAdem?

Thanks,
Tom
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,074 Views)

Hello Tom!

An EPS export is included in DIAdem but unfortunatly it embed a image in the output. This will not give you the necessary quality.

My solution is to use an EPS capable color printer and redirect the result to a file. The printer must not realy exist only the driver has to be installed. To do this just open the windows printer list and add a new printer (sorry if I  don't use the excact english captions. I only have a german OS). The printer installation wizard opens. Chose 'FILE' as the connection. Then select a PostScript capable Color Laser Printer like the 'Xerox Phaser 8560N PS3' (if it is not in your list use the Windows Update Button in the dialog). Finish the driver installation. In DIAdem use the standard printer output, set the quality to 600dpi and select your new printer. If you start the output a message box pop up where you could enter the output filename. Voilà!

Matthias

Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,070 Views)