cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in <sql wizard 101.vbs> variable is undefined: 'OdsValAlloc'

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I'm trying to get the SQL Wizard script going that was posted in one of the previous forum posts. I can't get the script to run. I always get error message:

Error in <SQL Wizard 101.VBS> (Line: 73, Coumn: 5):

Variable is undefined: 'OdsValAlloc'

Am I missing an include file? VB Scripting is still a bit foreign to me. There aren't any other files in the zip file that define or reference OdsValAlloc. 

I'm running an evaluation version of DIADem v15.0. I do realise that the script was written quite a while ago, since it was originally written for DIAdem 10.1 and up and there is ia chance that the OdsValAlloc call is no longer support. However, I haven't managed to find anything on the forum, or the land of Google, to suggest what else can be used or what I'm missing. 

Perhaps some background on what I'm doing:

I've thrown myself in the deep end with DIAdem. We have a database that contains all our TestStand testing results for all units produced in the factory. I'm wanting to see what DIAdem can do with helping us analyse production testing results. I was about to start my own C# web based app for analysing the results, but thought I'd see what NI has cooked up before I re-invent the wheel. 

Thank you for your time.

Regards
Wesley

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,590 Views)

Wesoli,

OdsValAlloc() is a function from previous versions of DIAdem that allocates memory for variables associated with GPI extensions (the 2012 help documentation for this function can be found here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370858K-01/comoff/odsvalalloc/)

Kirk L. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,511 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wesoli

Hi Wesley,

I'm sorry, I forgot about that consequence of DIAdem 2015 dropping the OdsValAlloc() support.  I'll need to go back through and rework that example with GlobalDim instead.

Were you hoping to use the SQL Wizard as-is, or were you wanting to learn how to make your own SQL querying interface?  In the latter case, I have better starting points than the code behind the SQL Wizard...

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,495 Views)

Hi Brad

I'm wanting to make my own SQL interface. I managed to find another example that has gotten me to a point where I can query data from the MS SQL database, see it in the Data Portal and then draw a graph. However, I'm still very new to this all. 

Our main intention is to start building an interface that we can use to query various results from our Test Stand database and generate reports. Either a set of results per unit tested (similar to a report generated at the end of a test) or results for a specific measurement over a time period. 

If you have any starting points, with regards to that, I'd be happy to give them a try. 

Thank you for your time. 

Regards
Wesley

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,489 Views)