DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diadem save loop

Hello all,

Does anyone have an example of a save-loop using DIAdem DAC?  I would like to continuiosly save data in a loop (if possible), where the current data should overwrite the old data (ie over 1 hour).  The way I have it set up now, the data from the previous hour is deleted and the data recording starts over again.  I would just like to replace the existing data and not delete the data from the previous hour.  Any ideas here?

Thanks, Jeff 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,178 Views)
Hi Jeff,

unfortunately, there is no possibility to do this directly. I would suggest you to do the following:

In your "Save Data" block, choose to create new channels for every measurement and then to sort your data with a script.

National Instruments
District Sales Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,154 Views)
Hello Jeff,

If you store your data directly on disk you can specify a special mode for DAT files. The number of values in the save block declares the max. file size. (In the attached example I have a clock rate of 10 Hz and the number of values is 36000 that is one hour of measured data.) In the parameters of the save block you can specify to store the data as a ring file. (For more details refer to the example, please.) That means 36000 values will be measured. After that the oldest value will be replaced by the current measured one. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Greetings
Walter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,147 Views)