From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default configuration Report

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello I hope I'm not creating a dump. anyway. One big quesiton about diadem: I use always the same display type: 2D graph with several curves and axes. The default font size is 3 (too big), the default curve thickness is minimum (too thin), no marker on cureves and so on and so on. Is there any way of changing the default values for that? Best regards, Brice
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,707 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bricem13

Hi bricem 13,

Please see the DIAdem Help for predefined settings:

"Changing Standard Layouts in DIAdem REPORT
Use the default function to specify standard layouts in the function groups for tables and axis systems. To assign a user-defined 2D axis system to a button in the 2D axis system function group, complete the following steps:

1. Select the DIAdem REPORT panel.

2. Click the 2D Axis Systems group bar.

3. Right-click a button in the function group.

4. Select Predefined Setting from the shortcut menu.

5. Select Yellow as the background color.

6. Click Change.  DIAdem makes the change. If you click the button in the function group again and position the new axis system in the worksheet, the new axis system has a yellow background."

Thanks,

cheggers

Sascha
Message 2 of 10
(5,680 Views)
Hello I come here once more because one thing is still not solved: how do I define default curve settings like markers, thickness and so on ? Best regards, Brice Méalier
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,527 Views)

Hi bricem13,

To my knowledge it is not possible to configure default properties for new curves dragged from the Data Portal onto a graph in DIAdem.  I agree that this would be an excellent feature and have officially asked R&D to consider this for the future.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,515 Views)
Hello Brad, It could be a good thing... Also there is no way of selecting several curves and changing their settings, which turns into a nightmare when several curves need to be changed... Best regards, Brice
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,500 Views)

Hi Brice,

Configuring multiple curves simultaneously is a feature that my counterpart PSE, Walter Rick in Germany, is already championing, so I am quite hopeful that we will see something on that front in the next couple of years.

Thanks for the feedback,

Brad Turpin
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,491 Views)

Hi Brad,

I was wondering if this old issue has a solution.  I just encountered the desire to have the 2d graph default to my preferences, not Diadems.  For instance, legend configured the way I like it, no Y-axis labels, etc.  It's frustrating to have to keep changing these setting for every new graph. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,302 Views)

Sorry Jeff,

DIAdem 2012, just released this month, does not offer any new features in this regard.  One thing to note here is that for several versions now you can apply some of the graph settings from one graph to all the others on that sheet and other sheets.  That might help, though it's not what you're asking for.

Rest assured that the feature request has been registered with R&D and has my full support.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,293 Views)

I can use the predifined settings to get the plot to look as I want, but is there a way to make sure it uses these settings when I use the transfer to report button from view? 

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,009 Views)

Hi Brian,

The only way to customize the VIEW to REPORT transfer is to edit the result you get in REPORT afterwards (interactively or programmatically) or to reprogram the whole transfer yourself.  I have done some of both, but the best approach is stronly dependent on the use case(s) you have in mind.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,986 Views)