From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

datafinder toolkit with LabVIEW 2013

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a small simple VI that does not return the results I desire.

My VI will search DIAdem for a specific record name.  Then, I want to retrieve the date time called modifyTime from the File Level.  However, my simple VI gets a 305502 error.

I can retrieve all other string and I32 data, but not the date time data.

I am just learning this toolkit have hit this wall that I can't seem to get over.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,396 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dan'S

Hi Dan'S,

in your VI you are trying to retrieve the date time values as strings but the conversion of date time values to string is not supported by the DataFinder Toolkit API. If you have a look at the online help for the Get Property Values VI you will find an overview which conversions are supported and which are not.

Although the selector is hidden, Get Property Values is a polymorphic VI with an implementation for string, double, path, and time stamp value(s). The default instance of this VI is an array of strings. You can change the instance either by selecting a different type in the context menu of the VI or by wiring a constant of the accordant data type to the data type terminal. I adjusted your VI with the second option.

Have a nice day,

Eva

Message 2 of 3
(5,370 Views)

Thank you for your solution that works great.  I have been trying to learn this toolkit, but came across this hurdle that I just could not seem to get over.  Thanks again and I will keep going with building this into the final program that I need.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,355 Views)