DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating cross plot of two independent variables

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I have two data traces measured during the same acqisition run, pressure and flow. I can plot them both in the same graph with time on x axis. What I seem to be incompetent to do is to plot them on the same graph in a way where I have flow on x axis and pressure on y axis. Can anyone describe how to do this in Diadem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,182 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author P.Janda

Hello P.Janda,

This should be fairly easy, in both VIEW and REPORT (my example shows REPORT). I don't have any data that shows flow and pressure, so I picked a data set with some other data (revs and torque) ...

Once the data is loaded in the Data Portal, pick your X-axis signal first (in my case that's Revs, the click on one ore more channels that will be used as Y-channels (Torque).

Drag and drop these channels into the graph (in VIEW or REPORT, they both use the same mechanism), the first channel you select will be used for the X-axis, all subsequently selected channels will be used as Y-channels.

REPORT.jpg

Note: If you channels are waveforms, DIAdem assumes that you will use the embedded time signal of the waveform as your X-channel. If you pick the data from the second group shown in my Data Portal, you will not get the desired result. In case of Waveforms, double click into the axis system where you want to display your data and manually add the channel for the X-axis as shown below:

Report2.jpg

Working with waveform channels:

Report3.jpg

The Data Portal shows the type of channel as an icon in front of the channel name. A little wave symbol represents a Waveform, a "123" icon represents a numeric channel (i.e. no embedded time information- time is in a separate time channel).

RESULT.jpg

There is a function in the ANALYSIS panel called "Channel functions" that allows you to easily convert waveforms into numeric channels (i.e. a Time and a Data channel) and vice versa:

Convert.jpg

I hope this is helpful and not creating more confusion. Let us know if you have any additional questions,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,166 Views)