DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complex numbers

Hi everybody!

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a Channel in Diadem 10 whose values are complex numbers? In my application I have  channels with the real parts of the complex and other channels wih the imaginary parts. I need to create the complex number and divide it by another.

Any help with this is very welcome.

Best regards,
Sérgio Cruz
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,323 Views)

Hi Sergio,

The only way to manage complex numbers in DIAdem is to separate them into their real and imaginary components and store an array of complex numbers as a set of 2 DIAdem channels-- one for the real values and the other for the complex values.  There are a few functions in DIAdem (i.e. Inverse FFT) which accept such segregated real and imaginary channels, but for the most part you will be applying the existing ANALYSIS functions to each component separately.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

Message 2 of 3
(3,313 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your help and information. Because the processing I want to give to the signals is somewhat complex, and because I'm also working with Labview 8, I think I'm going to export the channels to Labview, do the processing I need there and then import the results back to Diadem. The exportation and importation process takes only a few seconds and it will solve the problem.

Thanks again,

Sérgio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,304 Views)