From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compare files with same channel structure / rename channel(-groups)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have multiple ch-groups with multiple channels in each measurement file.

Now I need to display/compare channles of 2 or more measurement files in one graph. (channel "speed1" of file "measurement1" vs. channel "speed1" of file "measurement2")

Thus I import 2 files in the Navigator und have the same channel structure twice. To distinguish the channels of both files I want to rename the channels by script and append the file name to the channel-group name.

Is that a common way to compare measurement data in files with the same channel names and structures?

If yes. How can I do that by script?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ski

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,054 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ski-Fahrer

Hi Ski-Fahrer,

every Channel has a Propery name.

Data.Root.ChannelGroups(Index or "Name").Channels(Index or "Name").Name

You can assign a new name like this: ... .Name = "newName"

I don't think it's necessary to rename the channels. If you remember the files. If you want to rename something I would only rename the ChannelGroups by adding a date or serial number.

Kind Regards,

Philipp K.

AE | NI-Germany

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,038 Views)

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I think it is neccessary. If you don't do that, you need to check the properties to find out where the data is coming from when reviewing the data in some weeks....

It could be a really nice feature in DIADEM to rename the data by appending the filename or any other appendix to ch-group naes without writing a script!

Ski-Fahrer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,035 Views)