DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculator command stack diadem 2014

Solved!
Go to solution

The latest update of Diadem 2014 doesn't seem to store the previous commands in the calculator command stack. It always seems to be empty. Is there a hidden setting somewhere ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,670 Views)

Hi Adek,

Here is a previous forum post that could help :

http://forums.ni.com/t5/DIAdem/How-to-retrieve-formulae-from-command-stack/td-p/1141944

In the solution :

If you're using version 11.1 or higher, then I'd recommend you switch from the Channel Calculator to the Calculation Manager, which enables you to save and reload any number of calculations, as well as to link the results of some to the inputs of others.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Applications Engineer Intern
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,640 Views)

Hi Mark,

I have previously used the calculator for simple channel operations and the option to retrieve the last twenty operations was always available by selecting the command stack button , now in the latest software release the list is always blank (any calculations made do not seem to be stored in the memory stack). Is there an option to switch this back on ?

adek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,587 Views)

Hi adek,

I tried with both DIAdem 2014 and DIAdem 2014 SP1, and in all cases each new Channel Calculator expression, once run successfully, was always added to the stack for future review/reuse.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,565 Views)

Hi Brad,

Happy New Year !

If there is no internal setting to enable the function, it must be a fault with my installation. I will try reinstalling today.

I will post if this resolves the issue

AdeK

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,458 Views)

Hi Brad,

For info..

I have two PCs running Diadem, one is a 32bit and one 64bit, the calculator stack works fine on the 64bit machine.

AdeK

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,451 Views)

Hi AdeK,

I tested in both cases with a 64bit OS, so that's consistant with your results.  Perhaps Walter Rick or one of the other support providers could test with a 32bit OS.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,442 Views)

Hi AdeK

I tested it in W7-32 as well as in W7-64 with no problems. I assume that the stack is stored in the desktop.par file and possibly this file is corrupt.

Please try the following: Go to your local desktop folder and rename it like:

c:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\National Instruments\DIAdem\2014 (32-bit)\

to

c:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\National Instruments\DIAdem\2014 (32-bit)-temp\

restart DIAdem and try again.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,424 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author adek