DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access database query import

I have some queries stored in databases from MS Access which I am trying to import into DIAdem.  I use the open with option for the database to select the query I wish to load and then chose selective opening to grab the columns of data I really want.  It appears to import the data but only the first 27890 entries - the total is approx 750,000.  Why is only about 27890 entries being imported?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 40
(4,904 Views)
Forgot to mention that I use the SQL Table reader loader when selecting open with option
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 40
(4,871 Views)
Hi JimNoel,

Are you selecting Data Reduction?  You are doing this interactively, as opposed to using a VBScript, right?
Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 40
(4,844 Views)
No I am not selecting data reduction nor am I running a vbscript.  If I select File-Open from the main menu and select my database, it opens and displays all my tables/queries contained in the database.  If I just select the query name and say load then it appears to load all 750,000 rows (i.e. entire dataset as I wish).  However, if I try to select only individual columns in the query, then it appears to only load 27890.  Also another confusing issue is if I select my database from the navigator screen and right click and chose selective open then it does not load all the entries - it only loads 27890 rather than the 750000.  I would assume both methods should open identically but they do not.  Any ideas why???
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 40
(4,838 Views)

Hi Jim,

No, I am not sure why you are experiencing this difference in load behavior.  We tried to replicate your situation here and were able to successfully load either by selecting the whole table or specific columns within that table:

ACCESS Table with 7 columns, each column with 560 000 values
Tested on both a DIAdem 9.1 SP2c computer and a DIAdem 10.1 SP1 computer (clean installs)

Result in DIAdem:
7 channels, each channel with 560 000 values if I load the table complete
3 channels, each channel with 560 000 values if I load selected channels

The first step is for us to reproduce your symptoms.  Would it be possible for you to post your Access database on our ftp.ni.com/incoming server?

How much RAM do you have on your computer?
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 40
(4,825 Views)

Brad,

I agree, it should not make a difference but for some reason it is.  I can try to upload the database but it is about 650MB - is that a problem (other than the time to upload it).

Also, my system has 1.5GB of RAM.  Once the database is loaded, the queries are the ones exhibiting this behavior (i.e. #141_LTOE, etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 40
(4,824 Views)

Hi JimNoel,

650 MB will be fine for ftp.ni.com/incoming.

Cheers,

David Goldberg
National Instruments
Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 40
(4,814 Views)
I zipped the database and named it "HGM_DV1-FHLAB134-113006.zip" and am uploading it to the ftp site.  It is approx 220MB zipped (650MB unzipped)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 40
(4,811 Views)

Hi Jim,

I have downloaded your Access data base file and am playing around with it.  Could you please tell me which view table you were loading columns from that resulted in the 700,000+ records?

Also, do you really want to load all the records from those columns, or do you in fact want to query a subset of those records which satisfy certain relational conditions?

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 40
(4,786 Views)
I wish to load all the columns of any one of the specified queries contained in the mdb - not the entire .mdb file.  The queries containing 700,000+ entries are the ones names like #141_LTOE, #142_LTOE, #149_LTOE, #167_LTOE, #172_LTOE.  I may, at a later time, only need certain columns but for now I need all of them imported.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 40
(4,784 Views)