From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Diadem so slow to load my file that has 60k rows

Hello,

I would like to analyze my file that is approximately 2MB big and has 60k rows. I have 2 problems:
1.) I have big problems with my Dataplugin to define my text file as following:
          Channel
          Data
          Ignore
          Channel
          Data
          Channel
          Data

By defining once Data all the rest of the rows are Data! Could you please help me to define a korrect datapluggin?

2.) If I load this 2MB File with a simplified DataPluggin it takes more than 5 minutes to load the data.
    My Computer is not the reason!
    Is it possible to load this data much faster?

Could you please support me
Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,382 Views)
Hello Josef,

please tell me whether the first 14 rows are of interest for you. If so we can add them as group properties. Are all files saved in the same manner? Do you have a description of this file format?

Greetings
Walter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,369 Views)
Hello Walter,

Thanks for your response,
All files are saved in the same manner. The interessting rows are: 1,2  and 15 .... till end.
Description of the rows:
row 1:   Description of row 2
row 2:   Important Data
row 3-14: Redundant Data and Description in a better structure = same as in row1 and row2 and can be ignored
row 15: Discription of row 16-60000
row 16-60000: Important Data

I had the problem that if I declare row 2 as data all the rest is also declared as data, but I would like to have row 15 again declaired as channel.

Generally speaking is it difficult to handle 60k data with Diadem? Does it always take that long?

thanks
josef
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,366 Views)
Hello Josef,

Please find attached a DataPlugin for your kind of files. I've tested it and your file is read on my PC in less than 2 seconds. The first two lines are declared as properties for the channel group.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Greetings
Walter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,362 Views)
Hello Walter,

Thanks, but I can't find or view the first two rows. Did you implement also the first tow rows? How can I read this data in Diadem.

kr
josef
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,359 Views)
Hello Josef,

You find all this elements listed as properties of the channel group. If you click on the channel group you find them in the property area.
So, all the elements of the two first lines can be searched with the DataFinder. That means for example that you are now able to search for all DigHighLevel > 3.5 and VDD = 2V7A.

Greetings
Walter
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,356 Views)
 Thanks a lot,
I have found everything: smileyhappy:

josef

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,338 Views)

Hello Walter,

Your DataPluggIn worked really fine with one file (Part1_+25C_5V25A_3V0D_R1_FFT.txt) ,

but now I applied a quite similar file (Part1_+25C_5V25A_3V0D_R1_DNL.txt) where only the names and values are different.

I have the problem that the last row is always ignored. I cannot have INL_BestLine [LSB] as a channel available to report that channel.

Coult you help me please.  Attached there are both txt-files with your DataPluggIn

Thanks

josef

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,257 Views)
Hello Josef,

Yes, indeed. The reason for this is that sometimes a separator (tab-character) is stored behind the line with the names and sometimes not. The attached DataPlugin checks that now.

Greetings
Walter
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,148 Views)