DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Maximum and Minimum Channel Property get calculated?

I'm having an issue with the Minimum and Maximum channel properties being Null. I'm moving values from one channel to another in a dialog box and at this point the two properties become Null. But by the time I save the TDMS they have been correctly populated. Can I force DIAdem to complete this, before I continue in my code (I look at these values later in the code, and It's a problem if they are Null).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,434 Views)

Hi JDeckert,

Try the ChnCharacter() or ChnCharacterAll() functions after all the values have been moved.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 6
(5,421 Views)

Hi! I wanted to ask you guys about the command ChnValMin. I am calculating thi minimum value of a Channel with 2 numbers. Both are numerical. But when I use the ChnValMin always gets me a NO VALUE. I tried using the ChnPropGet but it keeps not working.

Thank you for your help

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,838 Views)

This is from the help system. Have you tried it?

If the ChnValMin variable has NoValue, DIAdem has not yet calculated the value. Click Update Characteristic Values in the context menu of the Data Portal to update the value. Execute the command ChnCharacter to update the value in a script.

Message 4 of 6
(4,814 Views)

According to the DIAdem 2012 Manual: Variable: ChnValMin

"If the ChnValMin variable has NoValue, DIAdem has not yet calculated the value. Click Update Characteristic Values in the context menu of the Data Portal to update the value. Execute the command ChnCharacter to update the value in a script."

You can do this by right-clicking on the data channel in the Data Portal and selecting Update Characteristic Values, as depicted in the image below:

Update Characteristic Values.png

Taylor B.
National Instruments
Message 5 of 6
(4,813 Views)

Hi All,

You can force recalculation of a channel's characteristic properties (including minimum and maximum) with the ChnCharacter() command.  You can alternatively force calculation of only the minimum or maximum, etc. with the CCh() function.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 6 of 6
(4,783 Views)