From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I double click on a report object, I just get a cross icon and cannot edit the object - can only move it

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using DIAdem 2014. Previously, when I would double click on a an object in the Report view I would be able to edit it. Now, I just get a cross icon that allows me to move the object but do nothing else. This happens for saved layouts as well as new ones. When I open the same file in DIAdem 2012, I do not have this problem. 

I figure I must have accidentally changed some setting, but I can't figure out how to undo it. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,891 Views)

Does this happen for any report object or is it specific to graphs or tables or images? Additionally, can you still double-click on a view object inside your DIAdem environment and open that property window? It would be interesting to see if this is localized to a certain tab or object type or if it's general to your DIAdem 2014 enviornment as a whole.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,813 Views)

Hi jordy,

Walter Rick mentioned to me this morning that he remembers there was an issue like this in DIAdem 2014 that was fixed in a subsequent service pack.  Can you go to the "Help>>About" menu and tell us the exact version number that you're working with?  Or if you remember, just tell us if you've installed a DIAdem 2014 service pack (and if so which one).

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,797 Views)

This happens to me on text, graph, and table objects - I haven't tried others.

My version information is DIAdem 14.0.0f5641.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,795 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jordyjordyjordy

Hi jordyjordyjordy,

This is version 2014 without service pack. Please can you install the SP1 for DIAdem 2014, which you can download here:

DIAdem 2014 SP1 english

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,786 Views)