From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Diadem?

Solved!
Go to solution

Could anyone expain to me what is Diadem? I am a Labview user, and I am using it not only for data acquisition, but also for data analysis. 

We have a Campus licence, so Diadem is included, but I don't know if it is worthing the effort to consider it or not. So, please, could someone explain to me what Diadem can do and Labview cannot?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,718 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gnappo

Hello gnappo,

That's a good question, and I'll try to give brief response.

DIAdem is an application for post processing and reporting of data (which you can also write custom code in LabVIEW for). I'll try to make an analogy to the Microsoft eco-system here. LabVIEW is a programing tool (like Visual Studio in the Microsoft world), and DIAdem is an application (let's liken it to Excel in the Microsoft world).

You can certainly program specific analysis and reporting processes well in LabVIEW, but anything that requires more flexibility is better served by DIAdem.

Some of the highlights of DIAdem to me are:

1. DataPlugins - ability to load over 500 data file formats straight into DIAdem without the need to create custom readers, including Excel and ASCII files using WIzards
  2. DataFInder - creates an automatic index of all of your files and their meta data that can instantly be searched based on free-text or keyword searches
  3. Easily load data from multiple files for comparison into one on-line data set (Data Portal), including subsets of data (individual signals or groups) based on specific conditions
  4. Interactive inspection of data using cursors, with the ability to synchronize video, GPS signals, and other data sources in a easy to use interface
  5. Extensive mathematical analysis from curve fits, to statistics and signal analysis  - plus automatic unit conversion, and expandable formula libraries
  6. Graphical creation of multi-page, dynamic, reusable report templates including 2D, 3D graphs and tables, polar plots and embedded images and variables
  7. Automation through macro recorders, with the ability to extend macros in VBScript, create custom menus, tool and icon bars, dialogs and complete user interfaces

These are a few things that come to mind - you can check out the DIAdem page here on ni.com (http://www.ni.com/diadem/) for some more details, or call your local NI office and ask for a customized DIAdem presentation.

Let me know if you have any additional questions,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
Message 2 of 5
(3,699 Views)

Thans.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,680 Views)

Specifically coming at it from the LabVIEW world I use it all the time for inspecting and working with recorded data.

When I just need to quickly view a large graph and have the ability to use cursors to make measurements and zoom around DIAdem is far better than Excel.

This works best if you are using TDMS files but DIAdem can import most files you can imagine.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,632 Views)

To which other software on the market is Diadem similar to?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,628 Views)