DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Close a PPT Not Entire Power Point application

I am trying to generate Power Point Report in my code.

Right now i am closing the entire Power Point application after creating/Opening a PPT. i just want to close Specifc Power Point File And Leave other PPT's Open (If Opened).if no other PPT's are open i just want to quit the application.

oPPT.ActivePresentation.Save

oPPT.ActivePresentation.Close
oPPT.Quit

Is there any solution to keep the open presentations not to get closed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,631 Views)

Hi sunilpadikar77,

I don't know the PowerPoint API well but it seems to me "oPPT.Quit" closes ppt and "oPPT.ActivePresentation.Close" closes the file.

If you don't want to close ppt ypi shouldn't call "oPPT.Quit". When you have other Presentation objects defined in DIAdem you know if there are other files opened.

Refer to the ppt visual basic reference help for supported objects and there methods.

Kind Regards,

Philipp

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,581 Views)

Hi Philip Kost,

Thanks for your reply.

i am opening only one ppt in Diadem, Rest all PPT's are opened by the user. i want to close only that PPT which i opened from Diadem. if No other PPT's are opened i should close the PPT Application.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,533 Views)

Hi,

I don't know if there is any functionality.

I guess there is a function which returns the count of loaded files or presentation. This is a PowerPoint specific function. If there is one it will be mentioned in the visual basic reference help.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,526 Views)