From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIEW Transfer to REPORT error

Solved!
Go to solution

I have 8 sheets in views with various plots that I'm trying to transfer to REPORT via the "Transfer to REPORT" button in View. Most of the sheets transfer fine, but I have two sheets with many signals plotted and it both are giving me the following error:

TransferToREPORT_Error.jpg

I've tried this in both 2015 and 2017 and get the same error.

The sheet that is causing the error looks like the following:

VIEW_Error.jpg

Each of the plots contains 311 curves, with each curve being defined with only a Y-Channel and no X-Channel. Both sheets are setup the exact same way, just with different curves (but the same number of curves). I'm not sure if this is just too much data to transfer to the Report with the script. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,698 Views)

So I just tried to recreate the sheets manually in REPORT and I was able to make them, but then realized that the plots only contained 250 curves. So I'm guessing there is a limit of 250 curves per plot when transferring from VIEW to REPORT and the error was coming up because I exceeded that limit. If this is not the case, please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,694 Views)
Solution
Accepted by meatballosaurus

Hi Nick,

Yes, this is currently a limitation. The maximum number of curves in an axis system is 250.

Greetings

Walter

Message 3 of 3
(2,662 Views)