From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of DIAdem IRIG106 plugin with PCM data

I have a large Chapter 10 file (1.5GB) that I am opening with the IRIG106 plugin (version 1.1.0.5773) in DIAdem 2012.  Due to the file size I am actually "registering" the file, which displays the correct channel names and attributes in the Data Portal.  The channels I am interested in are a time channel and a PCM stream channel but I don't see how to proceed further.  I have knowledge of how the PCM frames are arranged and such but how do I apply that information to breaking out all the individual channels in the frames (i.e. decommutating)?  Do I write the PCM decom myself or is there some other (more efficient) method?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,598 Views)

Hi Chris,

I don't have a lot of experience with Chapter10 data, but the one sample data set I see that was used to create the DataPlugin suggests to me that you could use the Calculate() command and various other sorting and extracting commands to move specific rows with matching values in the ID column(s) to a new group of just data for that ID.  I have code I've created to do that for other bus data types.  If you're able to send in a sample data set (perhaps not a huge one), I'd be happy to see if I can get my existing code to work with it.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,573 Views)

Hi, Brad!  The PCM data appears as one of the channels in the Portal.  This wiki article gives a good refresher of how the data is arranged wtihin the minor/major frames of a PCM frame (" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_synchronization ").  I happen to know that the data words are 12-bits, which means that each data word is NOT aligned on byte boundries.  If you know of a good method of lining up the frame syncs and assembling each frame to extract the words for the PCM channels, I'd love to hear it.  I have to register the Chapter10 file due to the size and, so far, whenever I touch the PCM channel DIAdem feels a need to read through it, which takes longer than I have been willing to wait.  I'll try to cut down a file to something more managable to see if you can do something with it.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,535 Views)