From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating list items in SUD

Hello everybody.

I am making an application where I ask for two data files in a SUD form. After I accept these files as valid data, I delete the existent data in my data portal and load the information from the mentioned files. Then I enable five channel combo lists to choose 5 channels for a specific analysis. I was hopping to see the actual channel list in every combo object, but they have the data from the channels that I have just deleted.

My question is: Is there a method to update the channel lists without use a code to delete all the existent items in the list and then add them? I know this is not difficult, but I am curious about the time this method takes deleting and filling the lists with a large number of channels.

I am using Diadem v 10.0

Best regards from Mexico
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,459 Views)
Hello!

A call to the Refresh Method of every combobox will update the list.

Matthias
Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,457 Views)

I am having a similar problem of updating a ChnListBox, when the data portal changes during the running of a SUD.

I have used the refresh command for the chnlist box, but nothing happens.

I have this command straight after I load some data into the portal,

Call ChnListBox1.Refresh()

And I have included this option in the ChnListBox1

Sub ChnListBox1_EventRefresh()
Dim This : Set This = ChnListBox1

End Sub

I am using 10.0

It only refreshes when I open the SUD for the first time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,432 Views)

Hello!

This seem to be a 10.0 problem. The ChnListBox Refresh works fine in 10.1!

I have no installed 10.0 so I can't cross check it. Is there a NI DIAdem expert out there who could check it? Was it a CAR item and is it fixed?

Matthias

Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
Message 4 of 4
(3,421 Views)