DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalling DIAdem

Hi,

I downloaded DIAdem on my windows 10 machine and somehow I get an error with "My DataFinder". I am now trying to uninstall DIAdem, re-download it and re-install it just to see if the problem goes away. 

I however have another problem. I go to Control Panel --> National Instruments --> DIAdem --> Remove. However nothing happens after the pop-up window appears. I forced restarted the computer and tried 3 times and the same thing happens. I let it run overnight and it's just sitting there.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Armel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,855 Views)

Hello Armel,

some thoughts from my side, which might help:

(1) Error coming from My Datafinder: Datafinder needs a running service called "NI PSP Service Locator" on the system. This service could only run/update itself, if in the Win10 power options the feature "Fast Startup" is turned off. During first installation on Win10, current NI-installers ask you if they should turn this off.
Otherwise, please turn it off manually and force a restart for the computer.

(2) Uninstallation doesn't work: Really, I have never seen this before. Of course, you need administration privileges for uninstalling. I don't know if your computer is administered by our IT department, but it might be that you do not have all privileges you need.
Otherwise you could try the following: Could you do a "Repair" of any other of your installed products? If the uninstaller was not installed correctly, this might lead to the issue you see. After a repair or a new installation you should have an updated uninstaller on the system and hopefully it works.

Hope this helps... good luck!

- Dieter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,815 Views)

Hi Armel,

What DIAdem version did you install?  The released version of DIAdem 2015 had a conflict with certain upgrades of Windows 10 which caused trouble with My DataFinder.  You may be encountering something else right now, but you will likely need this update at some point, so you could try installing this now:

http://www.ni.com/download/cds/view/p/id/6402/lang/en

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,808 Views)