DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-CAN 8473 and Diadem/MAX

Hello,
I have a USB 8473 which I would like to use with Diadem.  Under Max I can see the devices and create channels which refer to these two devices.  However in Diadem all the channels are visble but not available (red Xs).  Any ideas here as to what I am doing incorrectly here?

Thanks,
Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,664 Views)
Hello Jeff,

there are two APIs for NI-CAN, the channel API and the frame API. The DIAdem driver for NI-CAN is based on the channel API of NI-CAN. Unfortunatelly this API is not supported by the USB-CAN modules. These modules support only the frame API of NI-CAN. Thus DIAdem does not support the USB-CAN modules.

Unfortunatelly in MAX you can assign a CAN message to a USB-CAN port so that you might think everything is fine with this setup. But if you launch the Testpanel, you will see that you cannot run it on the USB-CAN ports.

Rainer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,647 Views)
Thanks Rainer
are there any future plans to support USB-CAN with Diadem? If so, when? 

Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,634 Views)
Hello Jeff,

Yes, we plan to develop a divice driver for USB-CAN hardware, but currently we don't have a target date for it.

Greetings
Walter
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,630 Views)
Thank you for the reply.  Could anyone please tell me which CAN cards are supported by Max/DiaDem?

Thanks,
Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,601 Views)