From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer diadem data to excel

Hi I`m new for the Diadem... I`m trying to save a Diadem file to excel ===>>Sheet 1====>>B11 collum and I try it in many ways but I can`t get the right VB script .. please help me... 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,273 Views)

Hi sri lankan,

There are several ways to get DIAdem data into Excel.  You mention that you are wanting to save a "DIAdem file to Excel".  Do you mean that you want to save the contents of the Data Portal in DIAdem to an *.xls file?  Or do you want to load a DIAdem file (*.TDM, *.TDMS) into Excel directly?

You can indeed load a *.TDM or *.TDMS file directly into Excel if you download and install the "TDM Excel Add-In" from our website:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4906

If you want to export data loaded into DIAdem to Excel, you can choose the "File>>Save as..." menu in the NAVIGATOR and select the "Save as type" to be "Excel Files (*.xls)" instead of *.TDM or *.TDMS.  This will invoke the Excel Export Wizard, which will lead you through a series of dialogs to create a *.xls file out of selected content in the Data Portal.  You can also choose here to output to a *.csv Text File instead of an *.xls file, and this can also be loaded into Excel.

All of the above methods will export your data starting at cell A1, though.  So if you really need to export values starting at cell B11, then you should probably use a VBScript to send values cell by cell using ActiveX object variables.  This will be slow for very large data sets.  How big are your data sets, and how critical is it that your export show up starting in cell B11?

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,261 Views)

Hi Thanx for reply ...

I can Export the tdm file to excel but the problem was I can`t send it to the sheet name call ATD_Data >> B11 cell , I`m sending the excel file structure JPG with this ... mail please help me

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,253 Views)
Hi sri lankan,

Well, here's the ActiveX code I mentioned before which will output values cell-by-cell to Excel.

Ask if you have additional questions,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,233 Views)
Thanx, Brad Turpin it`s helps me....
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,217 Views)