DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To export report to PDF

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how can I export my report to pdf.

Thanks in advance,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,790 Views)
Hi,

In DIAdem 8.0/8.1/9.0 you can install a PDF creator tool (which is not shipped with DIAdem). Than you use it like any other printer device.

With DIAdem 9.1 (coming in September) we will support our own PDF tool. With DIAdem9.1 it is possible to export a REPORT layout directly.

Best regards

Walter Rick
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,790 Views)
Hi spria

There are several free PDF print drivers available on the web. I'd recommend doing a search on Google for free PDF writer. You can also purchase a copy from Adobe.

Tom Ferraro
DIAdem Product Manager
512-683-6841
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,791 Views)
Hey Tom

I have Diadem 10.0 evaluation. I have a word report and I've setup Print Report.vi to print to pdf but it's not very elegant. Can I use the evaluation copy and still have the full functionalities ?

I am planning to build an executable with all the above. What happens after evaluation expires ?

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,523 Views)

Hey Maximus00,

I'm not sure what you mean by "not very elegant", exactly.  I could imagine a number of possibilities, but it would be simpler if you would describe them.  Chances are that you could make your PDF output "elegant" by editing the DIAdem-REPORT layout file.

Note that DIAdem has to be present on any computer which makes calls to it.  There is no way to package up the functionality of DIAdem into a VI or a LabVIEW executable and distribute it to a new system.  You can distribute a LabVIEW executable which makes calls to DIAdem to a new system, but unless DIAdem is installed separately on that computer, your VI will not run because DIAdem's ActiveX server will not be installed, and LabVIEW will be trying to make calls to a missing ActiveX layer.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,508 Views)
Thanks Brad.

Currently I am using pdf995.com for my word--> pdf conversion. When I create the report and use print report.vi, it opens up a page to the software sponsor ( i can get rid of this by buyin a license), and then it opens a dialog box asking for file name. there is no activex properties to this software that I can automate these things.

Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,505 Views)

You can export a report from DIAdem directly.

Just use a script like:

Call PICUPDATE()                                    

PRINTLEFTMARG    =0.592666666666667               

PRINTTOPMARG     =0.592666666666667       

PRINTWIDTH       =28.2857131958008         

PRINTORIENT      ="landscape"  

Call PICPDFEXPORT("I:\CSE_machinedata_M2\"&Kmachinenum&".PDF")

Message Edited by themad on 04-12-2006 04:30 AM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,425 Views)