DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time format to recognised in Diadem 9.1

Hello

I use Diadem 9.1 to read data which is captured in excel from a embedded controller the channel values are correct in  the columns and diadem imports them correctly
however the Time stamp is in the following Format  example 13:21:22 .The column with this time stamp after import always shows NO Value in the cells if I look at the data in table format in Diadem, I also have tried to replace the double point to comma`,` with no luck which is the correct format for the time stamp .
Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,287 Views)

Hi wenko,

Do you mean that the data is in a binary *.xls file or in an ASCII *.csv or *.txt file?  Are you loading the data into DIAdem with the Excel Import Wizard, the ASCII Import Wizard, or with a DataPlugin?  In general this should work, but the way to go about it depends on what your data is and how it is coming into DIAdem.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instuments

Message 2 of 5
(3,265 Views)
Hi Brad Turp.
Yes I use the Diadem *excel  import  function .
the data is in ASCII  and then stored in an excel file.The data values are in this format 1600   920   146   13:45:21   1.12.2006  .The coloum data are imported correctly however for the time stamp it reports no value!!
there fore I can not plot the graphs against time. 
may be I should try to export the data from the embedded controller into a *TxT file and then import it into Diadem with the *TXT function .Do you think this might help?
Thank you for your Reply

Message Edited by wenko on 01-26-2007 11:31 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,264 Views)

Hi wenko,

Because you need to combine your date column and time column, your cleanest solution will be to use either the ASCII or Excel Import Wizard.  I took your posted data and turned them into an Excel data file (assuming European D.M.Y formatting) and created an STP file to be used with the Excel Import Wizard.  This STP file loads all the columns but also loads an additional column which is just the sum of the Date and Time column.  You could alternatively add these channels together yourself in DIAdem after loading.

Ask if you have further questions,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,236 Views)

Hi Brad

I am not sure at the moment how to do this but I will do this on monday next week and if i have problems I will post my troubles.I am in England till Friday.Thank you for your support ,I am happy that oi could display this data in Diadem ,it is quite important for me.Till next week best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,233 Views)