From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Excel tdm add-in appears to install corredtly but does nothing when I try to use it. Control panel says it is version 2.0.00016. The download page says it should be 2.0.1.4 Any ideas?

The Excel tdm add-in appears to install correctly but does nothing when I try to use it. Control panel says it is version 2.0.00016. The download page says it should be 2.0.1.4 Any ideas? I have tried re-installing and re-downloading, if that is a verb. No response of any kind from the toolbar. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,576 Views)
Hi,

Were you trying to upgrade to a different version?  I have had troubles with this before.  Just upgrading does not seem to completely remove the plugin from Excel, and you might want to try manually removing the Excel plugin, uninstalling, and re-installing the correct version.  See: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5874

Julia
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,568 Views)
Thanks for the replies,
I am using XP SP2 and Excel 2003. I have manually removed the plug-in and re-installed a fresh download. I also followed the suggestions in the "Troubleshooting" article. The toolbar is recognized and appears in Excel but nothing happens when you click it or the Config button or the About button.
Maybe this is an Excel problem. I haven't tried to re-install it.
Any thoughts would be welcome.

Bob
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,566 Views)

Hi Bob,

When I went to see what version of the TDM Excel Add-in I had installed, I discovered that my previously working TDM Excel Add-in was suddenly exactly reproducing your symptoms (totally unresponsive) -- I too have Win XP SP2 and Excel 2003.  I then followed the steps from the web site that Julia posted above:

1)  Manually deleted the TDM Excel Add-in from the Excel toolbar
2)  Manually uninstalled the "Excel TDM Add-in" from "Add and Remove Programs"
3)  Manually installed the "Excel TDM Add-in" from this web page:
     http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/2944

Now when I restart Excel, I get the floating TDM Excel Add-in icons, and they work perfectly.  I was able to verify that the version that works on my computer is indeed 2.0.1.4.  By the way, how do you know what version you're using, if the "About" icon is unresponsive?

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,541 Views)
Hi Brad
Thanks for the reply.
I seem to be unable to get 2.0.1.4. I have done exactly what you described, again this morning, and still get the same null-result.
As you point out, the About doesn't respond either. The "version 2.0.00016" comes from the control panel "Click here for support information". It sounds very suspicious.
There has to be something that is not getting deleted in this process.
Bob
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,521 Views)

Hi Bob,

When I click on the "Excel TDM Add-in" link  "Click here for support information" in the "Add / Remove Programs", I also get the displayed version 2.0.00016, so I suspect that we in fact are testing the same "TDM Excel Add-in" version on both our computers.  Either that or that 2.0.00016 version number is not being faithfully updated each time.  I'll check with R&D and see if they can shed any light on this.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,502 Views)