DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Object and Line Spacing

I have a report with a text object pulling a string from a diadem expression.  When the string is long enough to cause wrapping the last line in the text is assigned line spacing that is different fromt the rest of the text.  The included images are of the text object with a border.

How can I correct this problem?

Example1.png

Example2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,220 Views)

Hi Denis,

I have typed your exact text into a new text object in DIAdem 2012 and DIAdem 2014, and I do not see any line spacing difference.  What version of DIAdem are you using?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,195 Views)

Hi Brad,

thanks for taking the time.  My version of DIAdem is 12.0.0f4911 TDM

A little clarification; I'm not writing the text directly into the object, I'm using a DIAdem expression.  You can see the change in the line spacing in the text object editor.  See below.

I'm attaching a TDMS and TDR file that replicates the problem.  Could you have a look and see if you get the same behavior?

Thanks for the help

Capture.PNG

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,156 Views)

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the files-- now I see what you mean.  I can reproduce this spacing issue in DIAdem 2012.  I can also verify that it is fixed in DIAdem 2014.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,123 Views)

Great,

I don't have access to DIAdem 2014.  Can you provide a work around for 2012?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,121 Views)

Hi Denis,

The TextBox object was entirely reworked in DIAdem 2014.  We've had a variety of issues with the old TextBox object dating back many DIAdem versions.  I hadn't heard of this one until you mentioned it.  When I tried rebuilding the TextBox from scratch in DIAdem 2012, I did not reproduce the strange display, and I don't know why, but here's the TDR.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,118 Views)