From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIME Shift between two data sets

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello ,

I am using NI Diadem 2015 sp2.

I have created a .TDR and .TDV for a data set.

when i load a diiferent data set with same channels ,the x-axis is not updating according to the uploaded data set.

Is there a script that i can run to make it right before loading into the report??

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,231 Views)

Hi,

VIEW should update automatically.

REPORT you have to update manually sometimes:

call View.Refresh()
call Report.Refresh()

Regards

Christian
CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,195 Views)

Christian ,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried that ,it didn't work.

The problem is with scaling on X-axis.It remains same on both the report .

These two test are done at different times.

IMG01 is the data set where i created my .TDR file.

IMG 02 is where i am having problems

Please find the images below.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,190 Views)

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the two screenshots, they help clarify your request somewhat. I have a clarifying question for you.

Are you concerned about the overlay of two channels (looking at the screenshots, they seem fine in both graphs), or are you concerned about the fact that the second graph starts at around 11:00, and not at 7:00 (which is the origin of the graph).

Another way to ask this question would be: What do you expect or want to see?

Can you post the layout file (*.TDR) for us to look at?

We should be able to help with just a little more information from you,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,165 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

My concern is 2nd graph's scaling should start from 11 not 7.Because of this i couldn't possibly show it clearly on my results file.

I was expecting to see the graph to start  where the readings were taken not on a fixed scale.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike_4766

Hello Mike,

There is a setting for the X-axis (and also for the Y-axis) that let's you chose a "Scaling mode" ("Skalierungsmodus" in German I believe), please check the image below:

Scaling Mode.png

In your layout, the scaling mode is set to "Begin / End manual", which creates a fixed scaling. What you seem to want is the "Completely automatic" setting, which looks at the data channel, and sets the left and right side of the axis to the value closest to the minimum and maximum value in the channel.

To get to the dialog shown above called "Curve and Axis Definition - Axis parameters", please move you mouse over the X-axis (not inside the axis system, on the lower edge of the axis system) and double click with the mouse. The dialog will pop up, you change this one setting and click OK. That should get you what you need.

Please let me know if that resolves your issue.

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,136 Views)

Perfect.Works like a charm.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,117 Views)