cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDSErrNotTdsFile(-2503)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Bbaggio,

I have a good news for you that I've already recovered the corrupted file. You can download it in the attachment. And I've figured out why the file becomes corrupt.

If you download a file from a unix ftp server to a microsoft system in ASCII mode (no matter a binary file or a text file), all the binary sequences of bytes "0A" will be replaced with "0D0A". That's why your .tdms file became corrupt. I recovered the file by replacing the bytes in the opposite way and it becomes correct.

So if you want to transfer the file from a cRIO to a PC, you must use Binary mode, but not ASCII mode.

Hope this can help you.

Xiaowei

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,866 Views)

Hi Xiaowei,

many many thanks for your kind message!!

you are right, I was using the "FTP Get Multiple Files VI" with the ASCII option set...

thank you for your suggestion, I will immmediately modify my source code!!

do you have a labview vi that can automatically do the byte conversion?

because I have several other tdms file with data that I would like to recover...

again many many thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,858 Views)

Hi,

This VI will replace "0D0A"(hex display) with "0A" in a binary file, which can solve your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,843 Views)

Hi Xiaowei,

many many thanks for your reply!!

with your VI I could recover the other files that got corrupted during transmission...

thank you again for your time and support!!

I really appreciated your help!!

Have a nice day!!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,820 Views)

All,

I'm running into this same error unfortunately and have not been able to resolve using the recommendations provided.

I've got a remote data collection system that saved data into a TDMS file. Data gets uploaded through a server back to me and most files have opened without issues until the current one.

I have attached the file and VI here to try to understand why this may be happening,

I sincerely appreciate your assistance,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(251 Views)