From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDSErrNotTdsFile(-2503)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I generated a .tdms file and when I tried to open it in DIAdem I get the following error.

I have tried using the TDMS repair tool but I cannot open the file

2503 error.png

I am using DIAdem 2012.

I have tried uploaded a copy of the data file however it may be too large so it may need to be ftp'd

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(9,287 Views)

Hi,

You can upload your file to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming, let us know when it's done and we can see if it's possible to recover your file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(9,275 Views)

File is called "UUT 2013-00410 run1-11-25-2013-14-29---.tdms"

ETA upload in 10 mins.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(9,273 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author smoothdurban

Hi Tim,

We've fixed the corrupted file and and uploaded to the ftp://ftp.ni.com/outgoing/ directory,  the fixed file is in the zip file named "[Fixed]UUT 2013-00410 run1-11-25-2013-14-29---.zip". And most data in the file was recovered successfully.

Regards,

Tianbin Xu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(9,255 Views)

Thanks. WHat is there is usable but do I dare ask, "What happened?"

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(9,249 Views)

There are multiple corrupted places in the original file, and these corruptions prevented you from opening the file. So we edited out the corrupted part to fix your file.  It's hard to determine the exact reason of the corruptions, it could be errors during file transfer, bad sector, etc...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(9,232 Views)

Hi all!!

I'm getting the same error when trying to open a .tdms file.

The file was saved in a cRio (running LabView Realtime 2010) and then transferred to a PC by ethernet connection.

If I try to open with Excel I get the error "TDS exception in initialize Tds error: TdsErrNotTdsFile (-2503)"

I have tried using the TDMS repair tool (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DD94C6858DE6FBA4862577FB0065B231?OpenDocument) but the application fails when launched... (in my PC I have LabView 2014 installed)

I've attached a picture of the error when opening the TDMS file, a picture of the error when launching the TDMS repair tool, and an example of TDMS file I cannot open...

every help is very welcome!!

thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(7,729 Views)

Hi Bbaggio,

Is it possible that the file is destroyed when transferring through the ethernet? We used to meet the same problem with FTP file transfer. The file should be transferred in Binary Mode rather than ASCII Mode.

Xiaowei

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(7,685 Views)

Hi shirleyJiang,

many thanks for your reply. I'm not expert about FTP file transfer issues, so it could be...

anyway, what seems strange to me is that the .tdms file retrieved from the cRio is about 600 KB (that is the size that I'm expecting it to have)... so I don't think it has been destroyed... but maybe corrupted.

what do you think? could it be possible?

do you know any tool for checking/recovery files corrupted by FTP transfer?

Again many many thanks for your time and reply!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(7,624 Views)

Hi Bbaggio,

I'm sorry that I don't have a tool to recover files corrupted by FTP transfer.

I don't have your original file. I tried to change the Encoding of a normal .tdms file manually, it corrupts in a quite similar way and is hard to convert back. So I guess you may use the wrong encoding style for ethernet file transmission.  

Do you have a snapshot of the code or VI that demonstrates how you transfer the file from a cRIO to a PC? 

Xiaowei

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(7,595 Views)