From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDR scrambles channels within graph

Hi everyone,

I'm having the following issue regarding a graph in my TDR. After loading the TDM and TDR and refreshing the TDR, the channel list under "Curve and Axis Definition" seems to become totally scrambled. A different channel within the same group is selected on its own and displayed for each curve. Does this have anything to do with the "Name-oriented channel references" setting? I played around with these settings a little bit but it didn't seem to make a difference. There no scripts involed with that I'm working on and the data is just manuall entered in the channels.

Picture 1: Correct

Picture 2: Scrambled

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Before.png

after.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,255 Views)

millerdr,

Sure smells like the channel references are in Group and channel number mode.

I prefer using group name and channel name mode.  That way the group names and channel names have to match for the channel to be put in report.

Anyway the attached word doc shows how to set it to name mode from index mode.

Also you can look at the report to see how it is referencing the channel by selecting the report object and then right click then select display.

Paul

ps. you can also see what the tdm file index numbers are for each group and channel by looking in the data portal properties.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,241 Views)