From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDM first chance exception

Question whether this is a harmless exception. I'm using the TDM C dll libs and I am debugging code modules in TestStand 4.0 where I created test steps that construct TDM files. When I'm debugging I see this first chance exception:  

...First-chance exception at 0x7c812a5b (kernel32.dll) in SeqEdit.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: ni::usi::Exception at memory location 0x0d5fc3b4..

...any time I call either of the following functions.

ddcChk(DDC_ChannelGroupPropertyExists (gp, propName, &exists));

ddcChk(DDC_ChannelPropertyExists (chan, propName, &exists));

I'm not getting any ddc_errors so I assume this is just some left over warning message. It seems like it occurs when the property doesn't exist.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,184 Views)

You are perfectly right!

Inside the functions you mentioned occurs an exceptions in case the property does not exists. The exception is caught inside the function and 'exists' will return 'false'. Also no ddc_error should occur in that situation.

So there is nothing to worry about.

If you turn off the "break on first chance exceptions" setting in your debugger (if you do not need it)  this warning will go away.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,149 Views)