DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize multiple data sets using common signals

I have two data sets recorded from different systems.  The time stamps do not easily synchronize/offset.  How can I synchronize the data sets based on a common signal recorded from both systems/data sets?

TIA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,212 Views)

Hi TIA,

There is an ANALYSIS function designed to do just this, with optional resampling available if you want to harmonize the row count of two data sets that are sampled at different rates.  The function is called "Synchronize Data from Different Files" and it's in the "Channel Functions" palette.  This function released with DIAdem 2015, so if you have an older DIAdem version, I could send you the homemade script I created to do this (without the resampling).

Let me know if you struggle to get it to work for you,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,192 Views)

I tried that Analysis tool and couldn't get it to do what I want.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,188 Views)
Maybe this will explain it better... In this VIEW, the top three strips come from one data set and the bottom from a different data set. The 3rd and 4th strips contain data that are roughly matched in real time. Is there a quick and easy way of synchronizing the two data sets using the data from those “matched” parameters?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,186 Views)

Hi TIA,

The unexpected thing about that ANALYSIS function is that it requires the data sets that are being synchronized to have been loaded from different data files.  If you loaded them as separate groups from the same data file, it won't help you.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,125 Views)

They are separate data files.  Am I not supposed to have them both open at the same time?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,121 Views)

Hi TIA,

You are supposed to have them open in the Data Portal at the same time.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,103 Views)

So, yes, they are separate files that are opened at the same time in the Data Portal...and I couldn't get the Synch to work.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,098 Views)

Hi TIA,

If you'll post your 2 data sets or email them to brad.turpin@ni.com, I will take a look and see if I can get the ANALYSIS routine to time align your data sets.  Also mention to me which channel from each data set should be used to synchronize.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,071 Views)

I ended up figuring out a script to calculate a time difference and applying that as an offset.

Regards,

Sue

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,059 Views)