cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronise video [AVI] and data from waveform

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear users, 

I am trying to match the time from a video recording using a high speed camera and data from waveform graphs to show what is happening each frame in the waveform graph. Both video and data from sensors are triggered from the same source. The camera samples at 10 kHz whereas the DAQ at 80 kHz. 

I pressed --Video -- Display -- Frequency = 10000 [1/s] and start time 0 [s]. In addition, I have selected the curve cursor to force the graph to go to start. The video with the data are not synchronised as the video ends up quickly whereas the graph does not reach the peak. Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,014 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StathPol

Hi StathPol,

Check the "Unit" property in the Time channel or the waveform delta x property, whichever you're using.  Possibly your sensor values have a "ms" or something for the unit string of the time information.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,001 Views)

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your answer. You are right yes, I kept the time as seconds; I changed the frame frequency of the video to 10000 1/s and starting time to 0 as I was doing before and it seems to work with the interpolation method in the x-axis. During the <play> time, is there any way I can save the video with the waveform synchronised with the video to show to presentation as AVI or windows media player?

Regards,

StathPol

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,962 Views)

Just did it with a different software..THanks Brad 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,937 Views)